The St-Pierre/De Salaberry Handi-Transit Corporation is responsible for the Handi-Transit services in the Village of St-Pierre-Jolys and the R.M. of De Salaberry. The municipalities contribute funds towards the maintenance and purchase of vehicles, while the province provides a Mobility Disadvantaged Transportation Program Regional Incentive Grant for the operations.
The Handi-Transit is designed to be utilized as a means of transporting the Mobility Disadvantaged, Senior Services, and the General Public to and from appointments.
The Mini-Van is located at the Chalet Malouin in St. Malo. The capacity is four (4) seats with the driver and can hold up to two (2) wheelchairs.
The following rates were approved by the Board of the St. Pierre/De Salaberry Handi Transit Corporation.
From St. Malo:
- Within town limits - $10.00
- St-Pierre-Jolys - $12.00
- Grunthal - $12.00
- Morris - $27.00
- Niverville - $32.00
- Steinbach - $38.00
- Ste. Anne - $50.00
- St. Vital Mall - $55.00
- St. Boniface Hospital - $60.00
- Health Science Centre - $63.00
- Winnipeg Airport - $69.00
- Boundary Trails - $83.00
- Other trips outside city limits are $0.40 per km (from van location to return to original van location)
- Clients are responsible to find their own driver. A valid class 5 license is mandatory.
- The Mini-Van is not to be used as an ambulance.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the van.
Reservations should be made at least 48 hours in advance by contacting Claudette at 204-347-5652 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Large Van is located at the St. Pierre Fire Hall. The van can accommodate a variety of capacity options which include:
- 18 seats and 1 wheel chair;
- 16 seats plus 2 wheel chairs; or
- 12 seats plus 3 wheel chairs
The following rates were approved by the Board of the St. Pierre/De Salaberry Handi Transit Corporation:
For customers within the boundaries of the Village and the R.M. of De Salaberry
- 5.00 and $0.50 per loaded km (from where the customer is picked up to where they are unloaded)
- 10 and $0.50 per km (from the departure of the minivan to its return to the original point)
- The driver is paid 14$ per hour; with a minimum of 3 hours.
For all other transports
- Flat fee of $150 per trip
- Services to Seniors (Village and R.M. of De Salaberry)
- Cost for driver is $14 per hour after 6 hours
- Kms paid at $.50 per km after 200 kms
- Cost for driver is $14 per hour
- Kms paid at $.60 per km after 200 kms
The Village of St-Pierre-Jolys office has a list of qualified drivers who are paid $14.00 an hour and can claim a meal after 4 hours.
The Large Van is not to be used as an ambulance and alcohol is prohibited inside the van.
Reservations should be made at least 48 hours in advance by calling the Village Office at 204-433-7832 or emailing email@example.com.